It’s amazing to see how well Yoga has become a part and parcel of our lives. The goodness of Yoga has touched and transformed many lives. It has resulted into so many ardent followers of Yoga who can vouch for the wonders it does! Yoga is an Art, it is vast and deep. The more you explore, the more it keeps amusing you. There is so much more to Yoga than what meets our eyes. Most of us have imbibed Yoga in one or other way into our lives, be it practicing simple asanas, or meditating during stressful times.
A new trend in the field of Yoga is catching the wave. The idea of ‘Yoga Teacher’s Training’ fascinates many. For the uninitiated, it is a certified training course that makes you eligible to become a professional Yoga trainer by the end of the 200/300 hour course. You can find innumerable blogs and information about the Yoga Teacher’s Training in India and why one should pursue it. It all seems quite fascinating and so many people enroll themselves without giving a second that only to end up being lost in the journey.
What most people fail to realize is that Yoga is far away from other forms of workout. Yoga is not just working on your body; it involves mental and spiritual aspects as well. It’s a journey which transforms you as an individual. It changes the way you think and perceive, it’s about exploring your real self, connecting with your inner self and establishing equilibrium for healthy and peaceful life.
Also mastering the Art of Yoga and imparting that knowledge to others is two different aspects. If you are planning to make a career as Yoga Tutor, you need to introspect and answer few questions. The first question is whether you are ready to ‘learn’ how to teach yoga to others? And does that come naturally to you?
These qualities will help in deciding if you have what it takes to be a Yoga Tutor.
- You should be a student of Yoga in all the aspects of your life and not just on the Yoga mat. In simple words, it is mandatory to follow or adapt the teaching/ goodness of yoga in every field of life be it personal or professional life. It reflects what your take away from Yoga is. If Yoga doesn’t change your outlook towards life and various situations, there’s still some time before you go towards the teaching aspect.
- A good Teacher is humble enough to admit their shortcomings and accept if they don’t know about something. They need to have an open mind to learn new things that come across their way even in day-to-day life.
- Another trait of a Yoga teacher is to have the basic understanding or realization of their own energy. They should be sensitive towards others limits without pushing them against their will. Motivating and pressurizing are completely different and a tutor needs to understand the same.
- In order to become a Yoga Tutor, you should have a daily practice of Yoga even if it is for few minutes.
- A good Yoga Tutor will always strive to keep up a sharp mind, soft Heart and vibrant body.
- A Yoga tutor needs to have a healthy balance between his/her Heat and mind. You need to have emotional stability on some level along with being psychologically minded.
- It is important to indulge in a spiritual activity even if it is as simple as appreciating nature, art or something beautiful around you.
If your answer to all or most of the above questions is yes, then you are heading towards the right path. It is also important to pick the right Institute for training and certification.
Yoga Teacher’s Training in Dharamsala is one of the best options to have an impeccable experience which can be cherished for a lifetime. The 200 hour yoga teacher training course is perfect to begin your stint as Yoga Tutor.