200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (200-RYS)
Chinmay Yoga offers a 200-Hour Multi-Style Yoga Teacher Training course and 200-Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher training course which not only provides with a profound knowledge of Yoga and its distinct branches, but also helps you analyze the various traditional texts. However, there are courses designed especially for those individuals who do not have the time, but are intending to develop their skills and practice better or even adding more hours to their Yoga Teacher Training certificate.
Here, at Chinmay Yoga in Dharamsala, and in Gokarna we will help in developing your understanding about Hatha yoga and its branches, namely, Shatkriya, Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Samadhi, as well as, concentrate on a couple of eminent traditional writings. In addition to learning the perfect postures and asanas, our Yoga Teacher Training program will also focus on various styles of Surya/Chandra Namaskar (Sun/Moon Salutations), opening and closing mantras, Pranayama structures, like Kapalbhati, Bhastrika, Seetali, Mudras, Bandhas and more. We have formulated this course keeping in mind the ones who wish to form a foundation in Yoga and enhance their skills.
Yoga Teacher Training in Dharamshala is an internationally recognized and supervised by the most experienced Yoga trainers, which will enable you to find your own voice as an aspiring trainer. Yoga Teacher Training courses are conducted in a fun, casual and dynamic atmosphere, which also includes the Yogic convention.
We, at Chinmay Yoga, will ensure that all our students have the tools and chances to enhance their skills and learn to the best of their abilities. We make combinations and alignments, keeping in mind the asana practice, meditation, mantra chanting and self-reflecting exercises, which will modify the practice and help in applying the yogic assets to every part of the life, preparing you to train others with confidence. Amidst the heavenly snow-capped mountains and tranquility and late morning sessions, students have an amazing opportunity to learn to analyze their own and mind by recognizing characteristics and misalignments.
Every Yoga Teacher Training course of our institution is especially thought through for the yoga enthusiasts who can commit completely to self-awareness, exploration, and transformation.
- Training and practicing of Asanas, Pranayama and Meditating techniques
- Studying the human anatomy and physiology, both its angles, static and developing
- Examining the body and its angles – static and developing
- Practicing and learning corrections on physical, mental and energy levels
- Therapeutics of Yoga and utilization of yoga for various body types and issues relating to mind
- Philosophy of Yoga and exploring the yoga sutras of Patanjali
- Yoga ethics including the ethical viewpoints and duties of being a yoga teacher and healer
- Exploring yoga and practicing as a Yoga teacher and healer
WHAT TO ANTICIPATE?
- History of Yoga
- Alignment and process of postures
- Postures in Sanskrit
- Meditating and breathing techniques
- Practicing by yourself
- Wellness and health
The course aims at acquainting you with a portion of the standard writings of the Indian theory. The writings will be translated and summarized for your convenience.
Techniques Training & Practice
- Mudras: Meaning and practice – selection
- Meditation Techniques: Silent Sitting (Vipassana), Dynamic Meditations, Dance Meditations, Kundalini Meditation, Chakra Breathing, Silent Walking in Nature, Silent Day (Individual), Art Meditation – selection
- Mantras and Chanting
- Kriyas: Theory and practice, benefits and contraindications. Techniques and practical tips: Jala Neti, Sutra Neti, Shankhaprakshalana* (Langhoo Shankhaprakshalana), Vaman Dauti (Kunjal Kriya), Kapalbhati, Trataka – selection
- Bandhas: Lecture & practice: Moola Bandha, Uddiyana Bandha, Jalandhara Bandha, Maha Bandha
- Pranayama: Lecture & practical training: Prana & Pranic Body, Abdominal/Diaphragmatic Breathing, Thoracic Breathing, Full Yogic Breathing, Alternate Nostril Breathing, Sheetali Pranayama, Sheetkari Pranayama, Bhramari Pranayama, Ujjayi Pranayama, Bhastrika Pranayama, Kapalbhati
Asana Practice including:
- Hatha yoga
- Yoga for health or Yoga for stress management – example of practice with aim focused on health management
- 12 basic Sivananda Asanas
- Going “in” and “out” of the posture
- Modifications for beginners and students with injuries (multi-level modifications)
- Sequencing – various schools of Yoga
- Guided asanas practice & analytical training focused on following groups of asanas:
- Standing Asanas, Forward Bends, Back Bends, Twists, Balances, Inversions, Hip Openers
- Finishing sequence & relaxing asanas
- Warm-up exercises & Sun Salutation in a few variations (Ashtanga, Hatha, creative Vinyasa Flow)
- Asana practice presenting various styles (guided and analytical training every day)
- Vinyasa Flow: general sessions & thematic sessions: e.g. “Happy Hips”, “Heart opening”,“Chakra journey”, “Re-balancing Flow”, “Dancing Yogis”, etc. (choice)
- Alignment/adjustment following groups above or Ashtanga Primary Series
- student’s self-practice under teacher’s control (individual tips)
- Vinyasa (tunning asanas with breathing) – guided and analytical practice
- Practical exams of asanask
Teaching Methodology :
- Art of teaching: teacher’s qualities , intention & attitude, teaching styles, observation, giving instructions, feedback, sequencing, class management & class routine, principles of demonstration – theory and practice (“mirror” versus “real”, how to demonstrate, how not to demonstrate, practice in groups + feedback)
- Tasks of Yoga Teacher
- Anatomy of alignment – theory, and practice
- Safety First! – how to teach and practice Yoga without injuries
- Correction techniques
- Modes of adjustment – verbal, hands-on, props, partners
- “Art of touch” – physical adjustment – rules and principles
- Practice in pairs on concrete asanas
- Yoga in the marketplace:
- Start & development – practical tips
- Marketing strategies*
- From beginner to advanced practitioner – yoga learning process and its phases
- Practical workshop: Communication and building conscious interactions*
Anatomy & Physiology:
- General movement and body terminology
- Systems of the human body – their meaning and functions
- Nervous, Skeletal and Muscular systems and their co-relations in context of yoga practice
- Breath deeply! – respiratory system in the context of yoga
- The way we move – the key muscles of hatha yoga – analyses of muscular work in asana practice (theory & practice)
- Body’s main limitations: compression – tension – proportion – orientation and their meaning in asana practice
- Yoga and health – benefits and contraindications of asanas; basic elements of yoga therapy
- Yogic Anatomy: 5 Koshas, 3 layers, Energy channels & Chakra theory
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics for Yoga Teachers (20-30 hours):
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras and their interpretations (selection); 8 limbs of yoga and their meaning in the Contemporary World
- Ethics for yoga teachers:
- Values and meaning of being Yogi
- The place for Yogi in today’s World
- Yogic daily routine: principles of diet, meaning of practice and essence of lifestyle
- Guided group discussion about basic philosophical issues related to yoga:
- The Self and The Ego
- The Consciousness
- The essence of Yoga – history, definitions, modes, contemporary meaning:
- Historical and cultural background of Yoga
- Definition of yoga and its interpretations
- 4 paths of yoga (Bhakti, Jnana, Karma, Raja)
- 3 gunas
- How can we apply Yoga philosophy in the contemporary lifestyle?
- OM / AUM and its meaning
- The Responsibility of being a Yoga Teacher
- The practice of teaching under teacher’s control:
- In pairs
- In small groups
- In big group
- Open free class for people under teacher’s control
- Practical exam of teaching
- Feedback – receiving & giving
JOIN US AT CHINMAY YOGA!
We recommend our intensive course of Yoga Teacher Training to all the yoga professionals, who wish to develop their philosophical knowledge. Our “Yoga and Vedanta” will broaden your thinking by giving you relatively different perspectives as it will involve looking at a question from various angles.
- Enhance your philosophical base
- Become a Vedanta trainer, not just a yoga teacher
- Improve the mental ability through a broader examination of the writings
- Get a better understanding of the writings from experienced Indian trainers
VEDANTA STUDIES AND PHILOSOPHY OF YOGA
The study of Vedanta and the Philosophy of Yoga are both thorough processes of learning, which draw material from the ancient principles of Hindu philosophy. Our course covers a majority of the relevant themes, focusing more on the flow of thoughts.
Yoga Teacher Training in Dharamsala will be a progress of individuality for those have been to India recently. For those who will be visiting India for the first time, this course will develop you physically and your inner self. The course will aim at expanding the receptiveness, quality, self-discipline, love, and focus, freeing the individual from negativity.
The experience and association with fellow yogis and trainers will help in making your path clearer and help you concentrate better. You will each conduct a class of your own before you complete the course, on the basis of what you have learned and the knowledge. After finishing the course and receiving a certificate from the Yoga Alliance USA, students will be able to train others and pave their own ways. We hope that you will attend each class diligently. Despite the arduous structure of the course, we ensure two days of free time every week with Karma yoga treks and a few common outings.
Chinmay Yoga intends to fulfill the prerequisites of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and Hatha Yoga. You, during your classes, will learn the following:
- Drishti (the center and its purpose), Prana (breathing)
- Bandha (locks)
- Decorating (perfecting the stance)
- Pronunciation of the Sanskrit words
- Root and definition of each posture
Throughout the course, each of you will bond beautifully with the fellow students and trainers. You will have a whole new family as you finish the course with the relations you made during the course.
You can check out our course dates and enroll from here to book your space. 🙂